Chicken - 1 kg, skinned, boned and diced
Curd - 150 ml
Almonds - 60 gms, crushed
Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp, crushed
Cloves - 1/4 tsp, crushed
Bay leaves - 1/4 tsp, crushed
Green cardamom - 4
Ginger pulp - 1 tsp
Garlic pulp - 1 tsp
Tomato - 500 gms, chopped
Onion - 2, chopped
Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp, chopped
Fresh cream - 4 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Corn oil - 1 tbsp
Butter - 85 gms
Salt as per taste
1. Take a bowl and put curd, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, ground almonds and salt.
2. Blend well.
3. Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Pour over the curd mixture.
4. Heat butter and oil together in a pan.
5. Put onions and fry for 3 minutes.
6. Add the chicken mixture.
7. Saute for about 7 to 10 minutes.
8. Add half of the coriander leaves. Blend well.
9. Add cream. Stir for sometime. Simmer.
10. When the chicken is done, garnish with the remaining coriander leaves before serving.
11. Tastes best with parathas or chappathis.
Sunday, June 5, 2011